Thursday, June 30, 2005

Week 27

Monday I flew to Hilton head ,sc to pick up one pax, and when I opened the door of the airplane it felt like someone hit me with a hot, wet brick! I don't remember what the humidity was, but if 300 percent is actually possible, then that's what it was. From there I went over to bueafort, sc and then on to the eastern most airport in the state of Tennessee, called mountain city. The name says it all about this airport. With the field lying in a 2500 Ft. Valley and the peaks topping out at 45oo ft. Every approach is a fun one. This was the second time that,( 25 miles out), I didn't think I would be able to get in due to fog and low ceilings, but at about seven miles out I saw the runway at the very edge of a wall of fog. Oddly enough ten minutes after I landed a King Air 200 that I used to co-pilot made it in also. Now this might Not sound odd to you, but the owner that I worked for sold this particular airplane six months ago to a group in Atlanta. What are chances that I would ever see that bird again, much less at small non-commercial airport like mountain city. After I secure the airplane and make sure that the passengers have obtained transportation I proceed to the pilots lounge to begin the hardest part of my job, The Wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home